At MMDigital Academy we take Online safety very seriously.
MMDigital Academy is committed to ensuring the highest possible standard of safeguarding.
Our child protection policies and procedures have been developed alongside former officers from the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre and our site contains a number of built-in features which aim to provide a safe educational environment.
These include the following provisions:
- All tutors must hold a current and active home, email address and telephone number to join MMDigital Academy community. Without this they cannot register or conduct tutorials.
- •All communications between tutors and students take place via the site. This means that personal contact details about the student and parents (including email addresses and telephone number) remain private and confidential and are not visible to the tutor.
- Our terms and conditions do not allow any contact between tutors and students outside the website.
- All tutorials are recorded and made available for play back to parents, schools (using our schools service) and students.
- We give preference to tutors who declare their DBS/CRB status and this information is displayed on the site along with each tutor's record. We do check CRB/DBS certificates; however parents are entitled to ask the tutor to verify this during the ‘meet the tutor’ session.
- Feedback about our tutors is reflected in our ratings system and we encourage parents and schools to take advantage of this information when choosing a tutor for their particular child.
We have a link with the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP). Visit their website for more internet safety advice.